So, I’ve always loved picture book character costumes because what’s not to love? As a huge fan of picture books they just feel like such fun Halloween costumes!
I’m also a huge fan of super easy, last minute Halloween costumes—mostly because I’m a huge procrastinator and always think I can move ‘DIY Halloween costume’ to a later date on my to-do list. That is until it’s a week or less before Halloween and I still need a costume!
So, if you’re in need of a super-quick no sew Halloween costume that you can make the night before, or an easy Book Week costume, try Fitz the Fox!
This year my debut picture book illustrated by Jon Traves (aka my husband), Wander New York: Fitz in the City, came out—so, obviously I can’t think of any other children’s book character costume I would rather do than one for Fitz, because of course, I’m biased!
This costume is super easy to make at the last minute too & it doesn’t require any sewing!
All you need to dress up like Fitz the Fox for Halloween is:
- – A red and white striped shirt (because Fitz loves stripes!)
- – Green shorts, or green pants, or just pants of any type
- – This free DIY no-sew fox ears template, some orange and cream fabric or paper & a head band
- – This free printable paper camera – just like Fitz carries in Wander New York!
- – A string for your camera (I used some embroidery floss for mine)
- – Glue or tape in a pinch
That’s it and you’ve got your super easy book character costume!
BTW, this costume also works great as a World Book Day costume for kids and teachers! And the paper craft camera & no-sew fox ears make it fun for any time kids read about Fitz and his travels!
Happy Costume Making!